Before you leave...
Take 15% off on Liquid Culture Syringes
Enter the code below at checkout to get 20% off your first order
1) Inside this box is an amended sawdust block that has been completely colonized by mushroom mycelium. Open the front of your kit along the perforated line and dispose of the remaining cardboard.
2) Slice an 'X' into the plastic underneath with a sharp knife or scissors.
3) Lift open the top of your box to find the sprayer and instruction booklet. Fill the sprayer with tap water and generously spritz the plastic where you sliced your 'X' shape. Spritz your kit at least twice daily - more if you're in a particularly dry climate. (If your mushrooms start to grow but dry up and die, your growing conditions may be too dry and you should make a humidity tent!)
4) Place your kit in the most humid part of your home . The mushroom mycelium will sense the oxygen in the air and produce mushroom 'pins,' another term for 'baby mushrooms.'
5) It usually takes 5-14 days for pins to form. Once pins begin to form, mushrooms will grow quickly. So when you spot your first pins keep an eye on them. The ideal the environment the faster they will grow. Mushrooms should be ready to harvest 2-5 days after pin formation.
If you're not ready to use immediately, store your Pearl Oyster Grow Kit at room temperature, out of direct sunlight, for up to 3 months.
Fry the pearl oyster mushrooms in batches: To do this, melt butter (or heat oil) in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place the mushroom pieces in the hot skillet in a single layer. Cook them until golden and flip them over.
Add in the additional flavors: Add in crushed garlic cloves with their skin, chopped green onions, salt and pepper. Cook that side until golden too. Shake the skillet often and reduce the heat when it is needed until golden. Transfer them in a bowl and repeat the same steps for the remaining mushrooms and serve.
Our kits are handmade from a blend of locally sourced, all-natural and non-GMO woods and supplements in Pakistan.
Creating a Humidity Tent:
Simply poke PLENTY of 1/2 inch holes in a trash bag or other loosely fitting plastic bag (THIS IS IMPORTANT: Mushrooms breathe in oxygen and exhale CO2. They will suffocate if there is insufficient airflow! Pink oysters that appear stringy or strange are usually doing so because they require more air!). Spray the slice with the included spray bottle at least twice per day. If you use a humidity tent, make sure to spray the inside of the tent once a day to keep the humidity up.
Cautions and Considerations:
If you plan to eat mushrooms that you've grown yourself, be careful to cook them thoroughly over heat. Even if you are eating this species for the first time, it is preferable to start with a modest amount.As they grow, mushrooms produce spores. This method of reproduction is natural. Now is the time to think about placing fruiting mushroom kits outside or in a well-ventilated space if you have allergies . Mushroom spores can occasionally irritate the respiratory system. Spores may infrequently irritate some non-allergic, non-immunocompromised mushroom producers as well. If you are one of them, it is advised to pick mushrooms while they are still in their infancy to lower the total spore load.
You may return most new, unopened items within 3 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.